Military Coursework Policy
The Citadel proudly offers veterans the opportunity to complete or advance their education in an environment that understands and appreciates military service. Academic credit for training and coursework completed during your military service may apply towards your degree requirements.
- The Citadel will follow the American Council of Education (ACE) Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services.
- Official transcripts received from Joint Services Transcripts, Community College of the Air Force, and Air University will be evaluated for lower-level and upper-level credit for military training and coursework.
- Repeated/duplicated military training and coursework will not be posted. The determination of repeat/duplicate credit will be based on the ACE guide number for the course.
- Transfer credit from military coursework is evaluated by the Registrar's Office for undergraduate programs only.
- Graduate students should contact their academic advisor regarding graduate-level credit. If approved, graduate students will need to complete the graduate Transfer Credit Approval form. Students should make sure their official transcripts have been received by The Citadel prior to completing the form
- If utilizing a Joint Service transcript students must submit a copy of their Joint Service Transcript and the American Council of Education (ACE) evaluation of the course work to the Department. Only “G” graduate level courses that have been evaluated by the ACE may be considered for transfer credit.
- Students should also review the Transfer Credit Policy and/or their academic catalog for full details. Credits will not be considered or evaluated until the official transcript is received. Hand delivered transcripts or grade reports will not be accepted.
Students who have questions regarding their military coursework should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information regarding DSST exams, please refer to the Credit by Examination section of our website.